Ways To Give
The Meaning of Arc: Making A Difference
As you go about your day we hope you’ll take the time to notice the simple things you do every day that are impossible for those with developmental disabilities to do without assistance provided by The Arc; routines as simple as deciding what to wear, making breakfast, getting to work or school. Every day our Adult Day Program, Independent Living Skills Program and Respite Care services make it possible for this special population to live, learn, work and play.
There are several ways to support the Arc of Butte County, and each dollar helps serve individuals and families in our community.
Click one of the links below to learn how to donate:
Secure Online Donation
The fastest, most direct way to assist the Arc of Butte County in its mission is via a secure PayPal donation on this website. All donations are put to use in the local community, helping individuals with developmental disabilities in Butte, Tehama, and Glenn counties, lead more productive and fulfilling lives.
Give Every Month
An ideal way to give and it’s easy! Making a monthly gift helps provide a steady flow of support for our work providing vital services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families. A small amount each month adds up to a year of services, support, and supplies for the children and adults we serve.
Our secure link will allow you to set up your monthly donation.
Send A CheckThe Arc of Butte County
2030 Park Avenue
Chico, CA 95928
There are many ways for a donor to make a Charitable Bequest to The Arc of Butte County.
- Leave a fixed amount in your will.
- Leave a percentage of your real estate value.
- Leave specific property, real estate, stocks, antiques, etc.
- Leave the residue or remaining assets in the estate after all other bequests are fulfilled.
- Leave a “contingent” amount based on circumstances at the time of death.
With a legacy gift to Arc, you can not only ensure that area residents with developmental disabilities and their families and caretakers are provided with the highest level of care, but you may also:
- Reduce or eliminate estate tax.
- Increase your income.
- Decrease taxes.
- Bypass capital gains taxes.
- Feel good about supporting our fellow citizens in becoming independent, contributing members of our community.
If you are interested in making a legacy gift, please, contact your personal financial planner or attorney. For basic information about leaving your legacy in Butte County, please, contact the Arc’s Executive Director, Michael McGinnis at (530) 891-5865.
Thank you for your interest in donating to the ARC of Butte County, a registered non-profit, 501 (c)(3) corporation.
Clean out your closets, declutter the garage, lose the storage unit. The Arc will take your unwanted and unneeded items and put them to positive use. Your donation helps in three ways:
- The resale of your gently used goods helps Arc’s customers stretch their family budgets and make ends meet, and keeps good recirculating rather than ending up in the landfill.
- You help people with disabilities, those who Arc serves by providing training and employment opportunity, to earn an income and enjoy the rewards of productive work.
- The money from the sale of your donation goes to fund support services for nearly 900 families each year in Butte County.
The Arc Stores in Chico and Oroville are post-retail shopping enterprises designed to provide sustainable products to the public, while re-using and recycling valuable quality goods for a very fair price.
Proceeds from The Arc Stores go toward The Arc’s Family Support Programs. Since 1953, the Arc of Butte County has been devoted to providing high quality services to individuals with developmental disabilities and their families.
Do you have a vehicle taking up valuable space in your garage? Why not donate that car, boat, RV, trailer to The Arc!
- It’s tax deductible; running or not!
- All funds raised stay local in our community!
- You’ll be helping our special Family Support Programs!
- And you’ll be getting that old headache out of your garage!
The Arc has several fundraisers through out the year including our Wine, Beer & Food Pairing event in the spring, the Annual Dinner and Auction in the fall, and the Holiday Gift Wrap Booth at Christmas time.
From time to time we have other fundraisers or activities that could use your special talents so call us at 530-891-5865 or Contact Us and we will connect you to the volunteer opportunity that suits your fancy.